Friday 16 May 2008


Although I didn’t like having a lot of text on the front I decided to try it again on a different background and in smaller sections so it would be easier to read rather than a big paragraph of text.
I think this works more for the back of a flyer, not the front or as a poster.


After I designed the previous layout I decided that it looked too much information and was not easy to read to get the key information that was needed to promote the night, so I erased the text I had before and replaced it with key points in an order that would draw the reader in step by step.


With this design I decided to include more information to draw the readers in and make them want to attend the night. I used the cocktail glass from my first design and included glowing stars and neon colours / text that were key in the 80’s.
I used:
•Paint bucket tool
•Shape tool
•Paint brush tool
•Text – Out glows & In glows


•This was the first flyers that I designed. I used the bright colours for the background incorporating the tie dye 80’s design and also placed the polka dots behind information to make it stand out.
I used:
•Magic wand tool
•Opacity tool
•Shape tool
•Filters
•Paint brush tool
•Text


With these designs (above & below) I incorporated the neon look that was popular within the 80’s. I kept the layout simple and included key information in the centre of the image. These 2 designs use the same background and layout but one has the colours inverted to offer a different colour scheme. I prefer the image on the bottom but if I use this as one of my final 3 images I will not include the dancers at the bottom.



This was the first layout I designed.
With this I just basically wanted to learn more about how to use the tool and filters and see what effects I could create.
I worked with the influence I got from the ipod adverts and made the glass look almost silhouette. I found experimenting with the tools useful as I learnt how to create different effects.

No comments: