Monday 19 May 2008

Evaluation

Digital Post Production – Seeing Is Believing

During the early stages of the project I thought about what type of things use post production most and most effectively. After some research and looking into things I decided that advertisements used post production the most and this was the theme I was going to follow through out my project. I began looking at different advert that were of interest to me such as sorts adverts and ipod adverts to see how they sold their product / brand and they different styles they used. With the ipod adverts I became inspired by the silhouettes within the images and wanted to use this within my work. As I had decided I wanted to create an advert of some kind of promotional piece I thought it would be more meaningful if I could work with / for someone so I contacted Bar Risa & they wrote out a brief for me. I enjoyed working to a set live brief and with someone else such as a company but also felt a lot of pressure to get the final product right.
I found this project extremely challenging due to the fact it was based around Photoshop and I was not experienced with this software. Although we had two lessons practising this and learning the extreme basics I was disappointed that we weren’t taught more as it not an easy thing to use and felt that I was practically left to figure the software out on my own but also come up with three adequate final outcomes which I struggled with.
I also found the research side of this project hard as what I found there were two sides of the eighties, the bright neon fast moving side… and the old looking dark side with dull colours. So there was a total contradiction and I didn’t know which theme at first to go with. After doing more research and talking to the person who wrote my brief I went with the bright neon theme. I feel my research gave me a good insight into the era and this is shown within my final images that I have designed.
I feel that although my images are successful in portraying what I had being asked to do they don’t look as professional as I had hoped. I think my expectations of what I could achieve on photoshop were higher than what I was able to do but as I tried my best with it, the images I have ended up with I am proud of.
If I was to do this project again I would research more into maybe the 80’s rave culture to generate some more ideas and also experiment more with my own images. I would also request more help and lessons in photoshop as I thought that the two lessons I had in it didn’t teach me near enough what I needed to know to create a professional looking piece of work.

No comments: